As the days grow shorter and colder, the season for warm and cozy drinks has arrived. Many people already have a ritual built around their morning coffee or night time tea — making it an ideal vessel for a daily dose of cannabis. With health and immunity at the top of everyone’s mind, infusing cannabis for an extra boost of wellness, physical and mental, is just as easy with warm beverages as it is with traditional iced cocktails.
One of the most useful technologies in creating cannabis drink products, from ground coffee to powder mixers, is nano-emulsion technology. Essentially, this process breaks down the cannabis elements into particles tiny enough to get mixed into other ingredients while retaining potency. Cannabis products that are nano emulsified are particularly efficient for drinks because they are relatively flavorless, allow for quick onset of cannabis effects, and stay suspended in liquid without separating.
With seasonal flavors, we use a variety of cannabis products to create warming drinks as tasty as they are potent. Many of the cannabis drink enhancers are interchangeable and come in a wide variety of flavors, including non-flavored, to allow maximum versatility and creativity when it comes to taking your drinks to the next level.
How to make delicious warm cannabis-infused cocktails
Before you start mixing, there’s a few tried-and-true tips you should have at your disposal for the best canna-cocktail experience:
- After following a recipe, periodically taste and adjust the amounts of each ingredient to create your ideal balance.
- Use almost-boiling water. Using water that has cooled a bit from being boiled will be plenty hot to bring flavors together while allowing some of the more delicate notes of mix-ins — like matcha, fresh citrus, and spices — to shine.
Add your own flare: play around with garnishes to put a personalized stamp on homemade drinks. Try anything from cinnamon sticks to infused honey.
Why the Extra Green Matcha Latte?
Matcha is an excellent coffee alternative for those with caffeine sensitivities, while being an all-around healthy green tea. Its flavor is earthy and delicate, so opting for a flavorless cannabis enhancer is ideal.
Tip: using hemp milk, which can usually be found with other plant-based boxed milks, adds another layer of cannabis to this delicious drink, but any milk will work well.
- 8 ounces water or milk of choice, such as hemp or oat
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup, optional
- 2 teaspoons matcha powder
- 1-2 doses unflavored 10 milligrams of THC drink enhancer
- 1 whisk
- Slowly heat milk or water on the stovetop.
- While milk is warming, add vanilla extract, maple syrup, matcha, and drink enhancer into a mug whisk with a fork until fully combined.
- Pour warmed milk into the mug and stir.
Tip: you can use an electric foamer for an extra-foamy touch.
Products we mixed: Bud Naked by Chil
Unflavored, so you can just enjoy the taste of your matcha, Chil‘s Bud Naked enhancer offers fast-acting THC in 10 milligram packets.
Photos by Gina Coleman/Weedmaps